Bringing Judson Foster Crawford's Story to Life

Using Google NotebookLM


One of the questions I often ask while researching an ancestor is, "How can I make this story more engaging for others?"

After completing a narrative biography of my great-grandfather, Judson Foster Crawford, I decided to experiment with another AI tool—Google NotebookLM.

Using only the information from my documented narrative report, NotebookLM created a cinematic video that presents Judson's life in a documentary-style format. Seeing a lifetime of records transformed into a visual story offers a new perspective on the man behind the census records, city directories, newspaper articles, and family documents.

Watch the Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oQt2XSBfuI

A Note About the Images

The images shown throughout this video were generated by Google NotebookLM to illustrate the historical narrative. They are artistic interpretations and are not actual photographs of Judson Foster Crawford, his family, or the events portrayed. They are intended to evoke the time period and provide historical atmosphere while the narration tells Judson's documented story.

AI as a Storytelling Tool

One of the things I appreciate most about AI is its ability to help us present family history in new ways. The historical facts remain grounded in documented research, but tools like NotebookLM can organize those facts into formats that are engaging for family members who may never read a traditional genealogy report.

For me, these projects are another step toward preserving family history—not simply as names and dates, but as stories that future generations will enjoy exploring.

I hope you enjoy watching this cinematic look at the life of Judson Foster Crawford as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Not Indexed

Conflicting Information

Ancestry Hints: Public vs Private Tree