I'm writing in response to Russ Worthington 's comment on the Genea-Musing's blog post, When Did Ancestry.com Last Index Ancestry Member Trees ? In the comment, Russ brings up the issue of hints not showing. Since I haven't noticed an issue with 'missing' hints on my un-indexed tree, Russ's post made me question whether I was indeed missing hints. However, I did notice one difference between my tree and Russ's experiment. I work with a public tree and Russ' test was with a private tree. Thus, I wanted to know whether public trees produced hints when the tree lacked Ancestry sources. Thus, I needed a public tree (small) without Ancestry sources. Since I've been searching for Judson Crawford to see if my tree was indexed, I decided to create a small public tree on Ancestry for Judson Crawford, his wife, children and parents. My first attempt at creating the tree was to drag Judson and his family into a new tree. When I tried to use TreeS...
Comments
Post a Comment